Have you started getting ready?
Buying gifts - making gifts - making menus - planning, planning, planning??????
Last week I went through the gifts I have accumulated over the past year at various sales, clearance bins, yard sales and thrift stores. I have all gift items in a very large tote.
I also have all kinds of containers to use in wrapping and presenting gifts in another tote.
Today let's talk about wrapping options. I hate doing what everyone else does! I like to be a little different (ask those who really know me!).
So begin thinking outside the "box"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- I always keep a few individual water/pop bottles (people leave them when visiting). I wash, de-label, and use for all sorts of things. They make cute holders for M&M's, Skittles, etc.. Also for nuts or even birdseed. You can add your own labels.
- Jars from coffee mayo, etc. are great for jar recipes. You can use Mason jars - but this way you don't have to worry about getting them back. These are great for soup mixes, bean mixes, cookie/brownie mixes......
- TP tubes - are great for very small gifts. Stuff in the tube and wrap up like a stick candy or piece of taffy!
- Confuse those people who ALWAYS seem to know what is in a box! Use cereal, cracker, cookie boxes. Any type of box will work and you are recycling.
- Get a strainer/colander and fill with a jar of pasta sauce, pasta, and parm. cheese. Maybe a cute dish towel in the bottom
- Wrap homemade bread or sweet breads in a pretty kitchen towel (Dollar Tree)
- Buy cute holiday or pretty china plates or dessert saucers at yard sales or thrift stores. Use as trays for giving homemade cookies or candies. They get to keep the dish and pass on the love to someone else
- 2 liter bottles are great for gifting t-shirts or logo hats. Cut the bottom off the bottle - stuff with tissue paper and gift - then use clear tape to put the bottom back on
- Gallon or plastic jars are great for filling with all kinds of goodies for teens (then their moms can use when empty!)
- Buy cute coffee mugs at Dollar Tree and add some flavored tea bags or a baggie of hot chocolate mix
- Baskets from thrift stores are great for giving home canned goods, or misc. goodie baskets for adults or kids
- I love giving goodies in re-usable cloth bags - they can then be used all year
- Flower pots (plastic or clay) can be filled with gloves, tools or seeds for the garden
- A bait bucket with fishing lures, filet knife, or 6 pack of their favorite beer
- Find a nice straight glass (bottom and top same diameter) and fill with homemade cookies. Not only do they get cookies - but a nice milk glass to go with it.
- Pringles cans are great for gifting cookies
- I keep the plastic containers that I buy mushrooms in - wash and dry - and use to give fudge and other homemade candies
Have fun with your packaging.
DO YOU HAVE ANY COOL IDEAS TO PASS ON? Let us know!!!!

0 Yorumlar