Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

My 2020 Goals



1.  Create a retirement plan to retire from teaching in 2021

I have decided that I will be retiring from teaching next year (2021) when I am 55.  I can access my teacher pension at 55 but it's not great due to years of part time working and taking it early lowers the payments.  I am planning to use some of the equity in my house to generate an income as well as doing a few other things.  I know exactly what I want and will be working on this all year.  Watch this space 😉

2.  Turn the extended part of my house into an Air B and B

I know I want to stay in this house but it's too big for just 1 person.  So, I'm planning to turn the extended part (utility room, shower room, study and family room) into a separate annexe and rent it out.  I live in a tourist area so there should be plenty of business.  Hopefully it'll be open by 2021.

3.  Save, save, save

I really need to stick harder to my frugal ways.  As well as creating an Air B and B, I still have 1 bedroom and a bathroom to upgrade.  I'd like to stick to a tight budget and reuse as much as I can.  I'd also like to have a safety net tucked away in my savings.


4.  Reclaim my back garden

The chickens have really trashed my back garden so either I re home them or create a larger enclosure for them and stop them free ranging.  Undecided on this one.  Either way I need my back garden to be lovely for people using the Air B and B.

5.  Stay fit and healthy

Keep eating well (definitely less meat and animal products) and exercising regularly.  No point in retiring if I'm not fit enough to do stuff!!

6.  Grow more fruit and vegetables

Now I have my allotment this should be easier this year.  I'd like to preserve as much as I can too.

7.  Work harder to reduce my environmental impact

As much as I enjoyed my 2 holidays I did feel a bit guilty about flying and the effect on the environment.  The bush fires in Australia have really brought home the fragility of our Earth.  I'm going to keep reducing my plastic use and try to simplify all areas of my life.  2020 will be my year of living more consciously.

These are my main goals for the year.  There are a few biggies in there but I have given careful thought to the direction I want my life to take.  I'll talk in more detail about each goal over the next few weeks and start putting wheels in motion.  Exciting times lie ahead!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar