Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Awakenings~


















I am still under the spell of fresh greens and new pinks..
My tulips opened indoors much to my happiness.
So not all was lost.
The flowering almond continues to dazzle and attract the bees..
Our crabapples are going to EXPLODE this week...they are half bloomed!
The bleeding hearts are bleeding♥
The Forget- Me- Nots ..are unforgettable..
..the ferns continue to unfurl..day by day by day.

Our litle town is dotted in bubble gum pink..everywhere..so so gorgeous..
The crabapples..huge bouquets  of them everywhere making everywhere you look a picture from a beautiful travel book.

This time of year..
we eat very simply..

that lovely pasta /tomato dish ..you know we place a bowl in the sun w/ tomatoes and EVOO and garlic..and basil and kalamatas or capers..and let everything ,macerate all day.....then simply add cooked pasta and top w/ more basil and cheese♥


Or ..what I love to do..is take some leftover rotisserie chicken and make what my mom made for me..

except differently..

she would use a can of cream of mushroom and a can of cream of chicken..it was the thing in the 50's and early 60's..sometimes..asparagus..and add chicken and peas..

I do basically the same thing..  but no cans... sauté mushrooms and French shallots... some thyme..peas..some red or orange pepper and remove..add butter..and flour and broth..and some cream..

add the chicken..and spoon into and over and all around..

and there you have Chicken a la King:)

So easy on garden days..

OK..so I must have hard gardened 3 straight hours Friday..
By 5 PM..I was done.:)

Things change in a mere 16 years..!

Meanwhile..our Brocante opened the weekend  before last..but my first visit was this past  Saturday.
I will always love this place..I have been going for 40 years I guess..not quite sure..








So many vendors..aisles and aisles and barns full..! Barnfulls? Full barns?
I would need to spend a day uploading pics..but my visits give you an idea..une petite idée..of what it is like.
I bought nothing..was looking for an inkwell..they had many but not what I was looking for.

You can see how many temptations there are..

One lady has gorgeous linen pinafores..short.. to wear over things..another had at least 3 things I loved..cotton/linen..
very boho..♥

One gentleman breaks my heart..he is British..and has a very old car..his hands tremble..(I am very observant of these things..) and he  smokes a lot..he has beautiful items..this week in particular..he had Toby mugs..quite a selection..someone bought 3..I asked him for an inkwell  ..he didn't have..I bought that tea strainer/sifter from him last year..his accent is charming..but there are so many stories in his eyes..I am hoping he has a family that cares..and that he is not alone in the world..
If he was to read this he would probably think I was nuts..
he's probably happy...healthy and wealthy:) 
We get feelings though don't we?


And  last but not least my little "artistes",Max..was out plein air painting at his home♥..his home:)  and Oli ..sitting on the porch:)..

I picked up the box on Varage Sale..so glad they use it.


♥♥♥



I loved Saturday..first green tea and Riviera yogurt,a muffin..then the brocante..then,we all went for dinner at Mylène and Alain's and Noah's and Giuliana and Adamo's...too much food..(as if someone was forcing me.;) )..a fire at dusk..with Alain playing guitar..singing..Giu also.. our girls..and Adamo with us..just relaxing and toasting marshmallows..
The full moon..all 4 Littles running into Noahs' room coming out in Noah's pyjamas..:)
Hard to explain perfection.
Grateful♥For yesterday.


Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar