I have learnt a new skill. I don't need a new skill. Bloke says my hobby is having hobbies but I wanted to find a solution to not having curtains in a bathroom window.
Our new bathroom has misted glass and is not overlooked, only by sheep so I started to ponder whether making a faux blind that would never be functional was a good use of time and resources. Instead, I scouted around pinterest for some ideas and saw some marvellous macrame designs. What if I hung three trailing plants in the deep window as an alternative to fabric blinds or curtains?
While at Wonderwool in April, I chatted to my French friend Chantal and she said she had a book of designs, there was only one snag - it was in French! She said she would help me follow the instructions. By chance, as we walked around the yarn festival, I got completely over excited when I saw some Macrame kits complete with instructions, rope and metal ring. What's more, they were £6.20 per kit. I bought three.
They are from Airdale yarns. I am pleased to report they were very easy to make and easy to adjust in size. I needed three that hung at different lengths to fit within the window recess. These hangers have given me the starting point for how I will decorate the bathroom.



0 Yorumlar